What is MarceLA?

"MarceLA", is the name of my brand, which also coincides to be my middle name Marcela. "Marcela" is all about being very feminine, sexy and highly fashionable yet wearable- always keeping up with the latest trends. My goal is to put together pieces for every season, from shoes to accessories and from dresses to jackets and everything else in between in a online boutique (Clothing by marceLA). I will be the wise buyer shopping around for great buys and incredible pieces so you don't have to. In the long run saving you time and money, while being incredibly convenient.. like having your own personal stylist at click of a finger. My main focus is to incorporate my personal taste and knowledge, street style and high-fashion inspiration from designers in the fashion industry to create a vision.. marceLA.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Great fashion editorial!

I was browsing last month's issue of Harper's Bazaar when I came across this ingenious fashion editorial featuring the cast from the movie "Bridesmaids". For those who haven't seen it "Bridesmaids" is a comedic chic flick, in which many critics called it the female version of the hit movie "The Hangover". I just love how these ladies joined forces with Bazaar and created this shoot themed in what seems like a feminine comeback to all those who mocked their "similarity" to what really is a completely different movie. As you can simply note from the spread's title "The Shopover", it is a comedic yet high-fashion take on to what seems to be the average material girl's over indulging shopping spree, featuring the latest Spring collections from top designers.



I absolutely love how they recreated actual looks from top designers, such as the look from Gucci's ready-to-wear spring collection (top left), one which I actually used in my sketchbook for my 2011 Spring inspiration for my Fashion Design class (picture below).





Check out Harper's Bazaar every month for great trends, you can definitely learn a thing or two!

kisses,
Marcela

No comments:

Post a Comment